Sooo, Earth Science Week is coming to a close and it’s time to announce the answers to our film quiz!
Thanks to all that took part, the winner of the coveted USB stick is Helen!
- So, the answer to number one was of course….. GAME OF THRONES! They filmed all over Northern Ireland and you can even to tours of the film sites!
- Lyme Regis was used by the film makers of Persuasion, Jane Austen’s last completed novel.
- Number 3 was none other than Nanny Mc Phee.
- Glencoe – it was more about what hasn’t been filmed there! This epic location has been home to James Bond in the recent ‘Skyfall‘, the cast of Prometheus AND Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban…
- Harry Potter turns up again in Malham Cove, only this time he’s with Hermione and they’re filming The Deathly Hallows!
- Durdle Door was home for a short time to Stephen Fry’s interpretation of Oscar Wilde in ‘Wilde‘.
- The moody Storr was also used by the makers of Prometheus.
- Marloes Beach was briefly home to former Twilight star Kirsten Stewart during filming of Snow White and the Huntsman.
- Who could forget the beautiful Stanage Edge in the recent film version of Pride and Prejudice?
- Hartland Quay was used to film 1950’s Treasure Island
- The Mourne Mountains formed the backdrop to some of the filming for the critically acclaimed Philomena, with Steve Coogan and Judi Dench.
- Arthur’s Seat was visted by none other than temporary yorkshirewoman Anne Hathaway during the filming of weepie ‘One Day‘
- Aaaaaaaaad last but not least, there was much bow-and-arrow combat between men in tights on Hadrian’s Wall during the filming of Kevin Costner’s Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
And with that, I am going to leave you with this…. (I know, I’m cruel!)