A christmas present for the geologist who has everything…. Continue reading
- Header images: 3. Prof R. Arculus and Dr C. Schardt. collecting a sediment core sample on the deck of the RV Franklin, in the shadow of Tinakula. Copyright Dr Susan Belford.
- Aberdeen activities advent calendar AGI Anniversary Antarctic archives art BGS Bradford British Geological Survey British Science Association British Science Festival Captain Scott careers christmas climate change communication copyright Curiosity Curiosity rover Darwin digitisation dinosaur dinosaurs donations earth science week education energy environment eruption etna European Geosciences Union exhibition expedition explorers filming Forensic Geoscience Group fossil fossils geography geology geoscientist hazards history Ice islands krakatoa landscape law lists map prints map room maps map scanning Mars media mining national geographic nuclear power outreach palaeontology penguins pioneer productions Podcast Poetry preservation Rare Earth Elements resources Royal Academy Space stromboli technology volcanoes water
- RT @GeoOutreach: John Ludden, Executive Director, blogs about the future of the British Geological Survey in Scotland britgeosurvey.blogspot.co.uk 15 hours ago
- And with that, we roll right on to door 9 - are you keeping up? #fossilfish #geoadvent bit.ly/1d4z7Q9 http://t.co/oEgBnvbSgo 16 hours ago
- @knittingmittens Hi Bridget - all details in the link, £15 for large, £6 for small! 16 hours ago
- Missed our #geoadvent blog over the weekend? Fossil turds, and Alan Grant's hat. Catch up now! blog.geolsoc.org.uk http://t.co/kdm4Jvp9TI 16 hours ago
- The 'Week in Images' from @esa includes this satellite image of Mount Etna's ash & gas plumes esa.int/Highlights/Wee… http://t.co/SguNQr7PPr 18 hours ago