We’re very saddened to hear of Patrick Moore’s death this weekend – by way of tribute, here’s our favourite Patrick YouTube outing.
- Header images: 3. Prof R. Arculus and Dr C. Schardt. collecting a sediment core sample on the deck of the RV Franklin, in the shadow of Tinakula. Copyright Dr Susan Belford.
- 100geosites Aberdeen activities advent calendar AGI Anniversary Antarctic archives art BGS British Science Association British Science Festival cake Captain Scott careers christmas climate change climate week communication competition crime crochet cupcakes Darwin dinosaur dinosaurs earthquake earth science week education energy environment eruption etna expedition experiment explorers film filming flooding fossils geobakeoff geography geology geoscientist hazards history Ice islands knitting krakatoa library London lectures Lyme Regis maps Marie Stopes Mars Mary Anning media membership mining music Natural History Museum nuclear power outreach palaeontology penguins photography pioneer productions Poetry stromboli technology tectonics volcanoes water William Smith
- Submit oral abstracts now about potential future innovations in hydrocarbon exploration geoscience #gsljwatson16 geolsoc.org.uk/jwatson16 2 hours ago
- REGISTER NOW for Geomechanical & Petrophysical Properties of Mudrocks #propsofmudrocks #yearofmud @CuadrillaUK geolsoc.org.uk/Geomechanical-… 22 hours ago
- RT @LeverhulmeTrust: Leverhulme-funded research team reveal ancient life in three dimensions... twitter.com/geolsoc/status… 1 day ago
- One of our most-read papers in June, read it here FREE until 10 August! jgs.lyellcollection.org/content/early/… @Diamictite #icesheets http://t.co/646u5lmsps 1 day ago
- RT @Diamictite: For fans of cyanobacterial slime, Microbial Carbonates in Space and Time..... sp.lyellcollection.org/content/current 1 day ago