We’re very saddened to hear of Patrick Moore’s death this weekend – by way of tribute, here’s our favourite Patrick YouTube outing.
- Header images: 3. Prof R. Arculus and Dr C. Schardt. collecting a sediment core sample on the deck of the RV Franklin, in the shadow of Tinakula. Copyright Dr Susan Belford.
- 100geosites Aberdeen activities advent calendar AGI Anniversary Antarctic archives art BGS British Science Association British Science Festival cake Captain Scott careers christmas climate change climate week communication competition crime crochet crochet your own geologist cupcakes Darwin dinosaur dinosaurs earthquake earth science week education energy environment eruption etna expedition experiment explorers filming flooding fossils geobakeoff geography geology geoscientist hazards history Ice islands knitting krakatoa library London lectures Lyme Regis maps Marie Stopes Mars Mary Anning media membership mining music Natural History Museum nuclear power outreach palaeontology penguins photography pioneer productions Poetry stromboli technology tectonics volcanoes water William Smith
- RT @bluetrilobite: Can anyone tell me what type of rock this is: @geolsoc http://t.co/nAgiYR3u9B 3 hours ago
- RT @Team_BMC: Want to literally own a small piece of Everest... Bid on rock samples brought down by @kentoncool. @geolsoc @rgs_ibg http://t… 2 days ago
- The impact of oxidation on spore and pollen chemistry #micropalaeontology #pollen Read free: jm.lyellcollection.org/content/34/2/1… http://t.co/ZyBejzWTkr 2 days ago
- Curious front cover of 'Geology, familiarly illustrated' 1859. Happy #FossilFriday everyone! flickr.com/photos/geologi… http://t.co/LoCCDkHy0E 2 days ago
- Reply to Discussion on ‘The sole of an ophiolite:the Ordovician Bay of Islands Complex, Newfoundland’ read the paper: jgs.lyellcollection.org/content/172/4/… 2 days ago