We’re very saddened to hear of Patrick Moore’s death this weekend – by way of tribute, here’s our favourite Patrick YouTube outing.
- Header images: 3. Prof R. Arculus and Dr C. Schardt. collecting a sediment core sample on the deck of the RV Franklin, in the shadow of Tinakula. Copyright Dr Susan Belford.
- 100geosites Aberdeen activities advent calendar AGI Anniversary Antarctic archives art BGS British Science Association British Science Festival cake Captain Scott careers christmas climate change climate week communication competition crime crochet cupcakes Darwin dinosaur dinosaurs earthquake earth science week education energy environment eruption etna expedition experiment explorers film filming flooding fossil fossils geobakeoff geography geology geoscientist hazards history Ice islands knitting krakatoa library limestone maps Marie Stopes Mars Mary Anning media membership mining music Natural History Museum nuclear power outreach palaeontology penguins photography pioneer productions Poetry stromboli technology tectonics volcanoes water William Smith
- LAST CHANCE to register for #AHTsunami meeting, Tsunami Hazards & Risks on 29th Sept! geolsoc.org.uk/ahm15 @profces @LRNEvents @drsuedaw 2 hours ago
- You can now take a virtual tour of our building-or visit us for @openhouselondon 19th Sept! goo.gl/maps/EQeuZ http://t.co/NLp8ToWAnx 3 hours ago
- NEWLY PUBLISHED: Microbial Carbonates in Space and Time, read more: geolsoc.org.uk/sp418 #sedimentology #petroleum http://t.co/rtPnUHjOtJ 4 hours ago
- Work for one of our Corporate Affiliate companies? geolsoc.org.uk/affiliates-list Then come along to our #library Open Day! geolsoc.org.uk/GSL-Library-Co… 7 hours ago
- RT @cambriangirl1: SO EXCITED I shall be going to the @geolsoc Tsunami Hazard conference later this month! Some fantastic speakers on: http… 10 hours ago