We’re very saddened to hear of Patrick Moore’s death this weekend – by way of tribute, here’s our favourite Patrick YouTube outing.
- Header images: 3. Prof R. Arculus and Dr C. Schardt. collecting a sediment core sample on the deck of the RV Franklin, in the shadow of Tinakula. Copyright Dr Susan Belford.
- 100geosites Aberdeen activities advent calendar AGI Anniversary Antarctic archives art BGS British Science Association British Science Festival cake Captain Scott careers christmas climate change climate week communication competition crime crochet crochet your own geologist cupcakes Darwin dinosaur dinosaurs earth science week education energy environment eruption etna expedition experiment explorers filming flooding Forensic Geoscience Group fossils geobakeoff geography geology geoscientist hazards history Ice islands knitting krakatoa law library London lectures maps Marie Stopes Mars media membership mining music Natural History Museum nuclear power outreach palaeontology penguins photography pioneer productions Poetry stromboli technology tectonics vesuvius volcanoes water William Smith
- RT @BritGeoSurvey: Seismicity map for Nepal #nepal #earthquake http://t.co/SqW3bHSHwU 21 hours ago
- RT @USGS: Currently 18 located aftershocks following the M7.8 #earthquake in Nepal. earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ev… 21 hours ago
- Thanks all who attended #WSmith15 part 1 - stay tuned for part 2 in November, 'The Future of Geological Mapping'! geolsoc.org.uk/wsmithNov15 1 day ago
- ICYMI, our Map Librarian Paul on the complicated relationship between the geolsoc,William Smith and his map #wsmith15 blog.geolsoc.org.uk/2015/04/23/the… 1 day ago
- RT @YMT_Science: *fanfare* SMITH'S MAPS ON GOOGLE EARTH! #wsmith15 http://t.co/BRQS8ABTkP 1 day ago