We’re very saddened to hear of Patrick Moore’s death this weekend – by way of tribute, here’s our favourite Patrick YouTube outing.
- Header images: 3. Prof R. Arculus and Dr C. Schardt. collecting a sediment core sample on the deck of the RV Franklin, in the shadow of Tinakula. Copyright Dr Susan Belford.
- 100geosites Aberdeen activities advent calendar AGI Anniversary Antarctic archives art BGS British Science Association British Science Festival cake Captain Scott careers christmas climate change climate week communication competition crime crochet crochet your own geologist cupcakes Darwin dinosaur dinosaurs earthquake earth science week education energy environment eruption etna expedition experiment explorers filming flooding fossils geobakeoff geography geology geoscientist hazards history Ice islands knitting krakatoa library London lectures Lyme Regis maps Marie Stopes Mars Mary Anning media membership mining music Natural History Museum nuclear power outreach palaeontology penguins photography pioneer productions Poetry stromboli technology tectonics volcanoes water William Smith
- RT @forestspiritsh1: "@geolsoc Can anyone help identify this? It's very heavy, metallic. http://t.co/HJoYcDPEPt 19 hours ago
- What we got up to at Lyme @FossilFestival -and how to make your own fossil cast! #fossilfriday blog.geolsoc.org.uk/2015/05/22/the… http://t.co/qBHe2zZRRF 4 days ago
- RT @SEGeolsoc: Planning a trip over the long weekend? Check out the @geolsoc #100geosites - home or away there's plenty to see! https://t.c… 4 days ago
- Planning to take part in #EarthSciWeek 2015? We've a few small grants available to help get your event off the ground! geolsoc.org.uk/earthsciencewe… 4 days ago
- RT @BritGeoSurvey: Here are seismograms from stations closest to #KentEarthquake epicentre, get live data here earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/helicorder/hel… http:… 4 days ago